The Pocket Lab is a not-for-profit community lab, dedicated to experimentation with regeneration of natural space, smart use of resources and living together in urban areas. It is a place to design, make and test new ideas, learn, teach and share, whether it is just for fun, or for serious business development.
Any creative scientific, artistic or technological approach is welcome - no need to be a specialist.
The venue is a pocket-sized lab set up in shipping containers :
The venue hosts several areas :
- - a Fabrication Space for designing, crafting, prototyping, up-cycling and repairing. (There will be pens, paint and paper, computer and 3D printer, laser cutter, CNC milling machines, electronics, molding, casting and inevitably a wide range of power tools);
- - a Chill or Study space away from the noise of the machines and loud workshop companions;
- - an Outdoor Research space for microfarming, large weather-proof projects and frisbee;
- - a Hack (-able, Indoor) space for large-scale collaborative projects, small events and messy research which needs some room to thrive.
- - a Exhibition space to share your creation with everyone, sell your work or promote the next activity you offer.
What to do when you come to the Pocket Lab :
Join us for an Open Day
- Yet to be announced - Each week on ??? from 6pm to 10pm, doors are open to all and the BBQ is out. Swing by to visit the lab, meet everyone and have a bite.See more
Visit the Exhibition Space and Pocket shop
New creations are displayed in a separate space. You can find information about what events are coming soon, book a workshop or after-school session, or buy useful bits and pieces for your craft.See more...soon.
Each project is documented online and on-site. If you feel inclined, sit back and have a nosey in our contents of open-source projects.See more
Become a Member
With 24/7 access to the resources of the Lab, members can work on their own projects, for any purposes (including professionally).See more
Participate in After-School activities
From 3pm to 6pm, open curriculum sessions are offered to children aged 9 to 18, sharing the practical skills of digital fabrication and creative thinking with young tinkerers.See more...soon.
Organise an Event
Members and non-members can organise events such as workshops, talks, hackathons and pizza nights.See more...soon.
Apply for a Residency
A collaborative space for inventors, makers, and social enterprises with a green, social approach to develop their ideas and grow beyond the lab.See more...soon.